How do you rate this product? Guidance:
- Please focus on the item itself. Your review will be most helpful if you include the specific reasons why you either liked or disliked the item.
- Try to be concise and straight to the point - but avoid single-word reviews.
- Flow plate dimensions 90(H) x 390(W) x 550(D)mm
- High visibility safety yellow coating
- Assists in enforcing one-way traffic flow
- Supplied with concrete and tarmac compatible fixing bolts
- Much easier to install than 'sunken' plates
- Product weight: 24.2kg
- Ideal for entrances & exits for cars & light commercial vehicles
- Not suitable for HGV vehicles
- Unsuitable for low suspension cars - clearance below car must be 100mm
- Plates are a deterrent to wrong direction travelling, but with care, it is possible to drive over them the wrong way (for example in an emergency)
- Please note: These products are designed to be used for traffic travelling at less than 5 miles per hour.
Whilst not a legal requirement we would recommend that you also add signage to any road where flow plates are to be used and also advise road users of the recommended speed limit
What is the Purpose of Flow Plates?
Flow plates are traffic controlling devices which are installed to manage the flow of traffic in different areas. Directional plates can stop the traffic from travelling in one direction, but allow vehicles to pass in the opposite direction freely and without restriction. The plates are bolted and secured to the surface where they want to be used using fixings, which are compatible with concrete and tarmac surfaces. The traffic control plates consist of a small ramp which allows traffic to drive over it carefully and, upon doing this, the spring mechanism lowers the raised plated so cars are able to pass over it safely. The ramp and spring mechanism then return to the upright position, so that motor vehicles are restricted from travelling in the opposite direction of the ramp or reversing over it once they have driven past. The traffic ramps are useful for calming and easing the flow of traffic in busy areas as they guide traffic into using a one way system. It also encourages drivers to use particular exits and entrances rather than using both, which could possibly lead to accidents and bottleneck traffic jams.
Where Can Flow Plates Be Used?
Directional flow plates can be put to use in any location that sees a lot of passing traffic from cars and light commercial vehicles and consequently requires traffic control. Any roadway that employs a one way system could benefit greatly from having flow plates installed because it will make people travel in the correct direction. A specific example of where these products can be used to their full potential is in car parks. Car parks often have a one way system in place to filter traffic in, around and out of the space easily and quickly, causing as little stress and upheaval for drivers as possible. They can also be installed on the upper levels of multi-story car parks without causing damage, a unique advantage of these devices. They can also be used in entrances and exits of any establishment. Many places have separate entrance and exit gates or pathways, and to prevent people leaving or entering via the wrong route, flow plates can be installed into the ground. The parking plates can be mounted onto tarmac and concrete surfaces easily and without hassle.
All directional flow plates are available in a bright yellow coloured finish, to make them visible in dim light and poor visibility conditions for added safety. These products are suitable for passing cars and light commercial vehicles. Please note, these products are not suitable for HGVs. All fixings and bolts required for securing these products to tarmac and concrete surfaces are included in the purchase. The dimensions of this product are as follows: 90mm high x 550mm long x 390mm wide. The Workplace Depot offers a one year warranty on all parts and labour.
Warranty: 1 year parts / labour
|Warranty||1 year parts / labour|
1 year parts / labour
We match any price
Return or exchange
Terms & Conditions