Price (£20 - £380)
Speed Bumps, Ramps and Humps
Speed bumps and speed humps are an integral part of any speed or traffic calming management scheme.
Studies show that installing speed ramps and speed bumps can reduce vehicular speed to around 10-15mph, traffic volume by 18% and collisions by 13%.
Whether you require temporary control within construction sites or at events such as festivals, or more permanent fixtures for use in car parks, outside schools, on university campuses, or private roads, The Workplace Depot has the right solution for you.
Both the 5mph and 10mph speed bump can be used as either a permanent or temporary speed management option. The difference between the two is that the former has a much more severe incline, slowing cars and vans down to a crawl. This is unsuitable for vehicles with a low ground clearance such as sports cars, and therefore venues such as golf clubs and country clubs may find the 10mph hump more suitable for their clientele. Both of these are available to buy in ready made bundles so you can quickly kit out your car park.
The sleeping policeman ramp doubles as a speed hump and a cable protector because it features two channels designed specifically for protecting cables from external forces such as weather. This product is supplied as one piece and can simply be laid down where needed.
- Available in mid and end sections, and is made of regular-duty rubber
- Yellow and black sections can be alternated to give high visibility
- Mid-sections have cat’s eyes for reflecting in the dark
- All sections can be bolted to tarmac or concrete surfaces - bolts are included
- Bundle pack is an ideal one-stop solution to your vehicular speed control needs - available in 1m to 9m options
- Covered by a one-year standard parts and labour warranty
What is the purpose of speed ramps?
A speed ramp is typically used to control vehicle speeds within confined or pedestrian areas. Depending on how much you want vehicles to slow down, you can choose from a variety of ramps. The speed ramp is ideal for where pedestrian paths cross vehicle paths, or there is a chance of an accident if the vehicle were moving too fast. This easy-to-install ramp can be fixed on most surfaces including concrete, and will slow down vehicles to a safe speed, thereby reducing the possibility of an accident occurring.
Where can a speed bump, ramp or hump be used?
- Car parks to control vehicle speed in confined areas
- Zebra crossings to ensure that drivers adhere to traffic laws
- School zones or high-traffic pedestrian areas
- Long driveways and private roads to ensure that speeding accidents are minimised
Who might use these products?
Car park supervisors and safety officers are often the ones who buy this product the most. As a means to control vehicular traffic, the speed bump is second to none. It is inexpensive to purchase, easy to install, highly visible to drivers, does not cause damaging impact on vehicles, and is convenient to use at night because of the cat’s eye fixtures on the mid-sections.
Anyone who needs to make sure that vehicles are forced to slow down to about 10mph will find this to be a very useful product to buy and install.
View our article about Speed Ramps and Sleeping Policemen