Easy-To-Clean For Maximum Hygiene
Looking for high-quality, durable kitchen shelving that can withstand the demands of the food industry? Look no further! Our range of wire and metal shelving is specifically designed to withstand the daily rigours of commercial and industrial kitchens.
Made from easy-to-clean and hygienic materials like stainless steel and aluminium, our shelving is perfect for storing and organising food, ingredients, and kitchen equipment. Plus, it's quick and easy to assemble, so you can get it set up and ready to go in no time at all.
Whether you're a restaurant owner, food processing plant, or food preparation facility, our kitchen shelving is sure to meet your needs. Trust us to keep your kitchen organised, efficient, and ready to serve up delicious meals all day long. Shop our range today and experience the power of quality kitchen shelving!
What Is Kitchen Shelving?
Kitchen shelving is a type of storage solution that is used in kitchens to organise and store items such as food, ingredients, utensils, and kitchen equipment. It typically consists of shelves that are mounted on a frame or wall, and can be made from a variety of materials such as stainless steel or aluminium. Kitchen shelving is commonly used in both residential and commercial kitchens, and can be purchased in a range of sizes and styles to fit the specific needs of the space.
What Are The Different Types Of Kitchen Shelving?
There are several different types of kitchen shelving, including:
- Wire shelving: This type of shelving is made from a series of wire racks that are mounted on a frame or wall. It is often used in commercial and industrial kitchens due to its durability and ease of cleaning.
- Metal shelving: Similar to wire shelving, metal shelving is made from sturdy metal racks that are mounted on a frame or wall. It is often used in industrial and commercial kitchens due to its durability and resistance to rust and corrosion.
What Are The Key Features To Consider When Choosing Kitchen Shelving?
When choosing kitchen shelving, there are several key features to consider, including:
- Material: The material of the shelving should be durable, easy to clean, and resistant to rust and corrosion. Popular materials include stainless steel and aluminium.
- Size: The size of the shelving should be appropriate for the space and the items that need to be stored. It should have enough shelves and storage space to accommodate all of the items without being overcrowded.
- Style: The style of the shelving should complement the overall aesthetic of the kitchen. It should be available in a range of styles to suit different design preferences.
- Ease of assembly: The shelving should be quick and easy to assemble, so that it can be set up and ready to use without any hassle.
- Price: The price of the shelving should be affordable and within the budget. It should offer good value for money and be worth the investment.
How Do I Choose The Right Size And Style Of Kitchen Shelving For My Space?
To choose the right size and style of kitchen shelving for your space, consider the following steps:
- Measure the space where the shelving will be installed to determine the size of the shelving needed.
- Consider the items that will be stored on the shelving and the amount of storage space required.
- Choose a style of shelving that complements the overall aesthetic of the kitchen.
- Consider the material of the shelving and ensure that it is durable, easy to clean, and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Compare different options and prices to find the best value for money.
- Make sure the shelving is easy to assemble and install.
Once you have selected the right size and style of shelving, purchase it and have it installed in your kitchen.
How Do You Maintain And Clean Kitchen Shelving?
To maintain and clean kitchen shelving, follow these steps:
- Remove all items from the shelving and place them in a safe location.
- Wipe down the shelves with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.
- Use a mild cleaning solution or vinegar and water to clean the shelves, paying special attention to any tough stains or grime.
- Rinse the shelves with clean water and dry them thoroughly.
- Once the shelves are clean and dry, replace the items on the shelving and rearrange them as needed.
- Repeat the cleaning process regularly to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the shelving.
What Safety Considerations Should Be Taken Into Account When Using Kitchen Shelving?
When using kitchen shelving, it is important to take the following safety considerations into account:
- Make sure the shelving is properly installed and securely attached to the wall or frame.
- Do not overload the shelves with heavy items, as this can cause them to become unstable or break.
- Keep sharp or heavy objects away from the edge of the shelves to avoid accidents.
- Do not use the shelving to store flammable or hazardous materials.
- Regularly check the shelving for signs of wear and tear, and replace or repair any damaged or broken parts.
- Keep the area around the shelving clean and free from clutter to prevent tripping or slipping.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and maintenance of the shelving.
Are There Any UK Or European Industry Standards Or Regulations That Apply To Kitchen Shelving?
There are several UK and European industry standards and regulations that apply to kitchen shelving, including:
- EN 14700: Metal furniture - Specification for strength, durability and safety of shelving and racking for domestic and non-domestic use
- EN 14749: Metal furniture - Specification for strength, durability and safety of shelving and racking for use in cold rooms
- BS 4875-1: Furniture - Performance requirements and test methods for shelving units - Part 1: General and domestic
- BS 4875-4: Furniture - Performance requirements and test methods for shelving units - Part 4: Industrial shelving
- BS 6687: Furniture - Domestic shelving and racking - Specification for strength, durability and safety
These standards and regulations ensure that kitchen shelving is safe, durable, and fit for purpose. It is important to check that any kitchen shelving purchased complies with these standards and regulations.