Keep Unauthorised Vehicles at Bay With Our Reliable Parking Bollards
Introducing our range of parking bollards - the ultimate solution for managing pedestrian and vehicle traffic in your outdoor space! These sturdy metal bollards are perfect for commercial, residential, or industrial settings and can be used to restrict cars from off-limit areas.
Not only are these bollards functional, but they also add an attractive touch to your space. Their steel construction is exceptionally strong and won't fracture on impact, making them ideal for deterring ram raids. Plus, they're set in concrete for a permanent installation.
Whether you're looking to create a safer and more secure environment on the high street, in a retail area, or in a car park, these bollards are the perfect choice. Protect your space and prevent unauthorised parking and access with our range of ornamental bollards. Don't wait - upgrade your outdoor space with these functional and stylish bollards today!
What Are Parking Bollards?
Parking bollards are fixed, vertical posts made of metal or other durable materials that are used to restrict or redirect vehicle and pedestrian traffic. They are often used in outdoor spaces such as car parks, streets, and pavements to create barriers or to designate specific areas for certain uses. Bollards can be used to separate pedestrian areas from vehicle traffic, to protect buildings or other structures from accidental collision, or to prevent unauthorised access to certain areas. They are typically set in concrete for a permanent installation, and they can be either functional or decorative in nature.
What Are Some Common Uses for Parking Bollards?
There are many common uses for parking bollards, including:
- Separating pedestrian areas from vehicle traffic: Bollards can be used to create a physical barrier between pedestrians and vehicles, helping to improve safety in busy outdoor spaces.
- Protecting buildings or structures from accidental collision: Bollards can be used to prevent vehicles from accidentally colliding with buildings, signposts, or other structures.
- Designating specific areas for certain uses: Bollards can be used to mark off areas for parking, loading, or other specific uses, helping to organise outdoor spaces and improve traffic flow.
- Preventing unauthorised access to certain areas: Bollards can be used to block off or restrict access to certain areas, such as parking garages or private driveways.
- Enhancing the appearance of an outdoor space: Bollards can also be used for decorative purposes, to add visual interest or to enhance the overall aesthetic of an outdoor space.
What Are the Key Features to Consider When Choosing Parking Bollards?
When choosing parking bollards, some key features to consider include:
- Material: Bollards are typically made of metal or plastic. Metal bollards are generally more durable and long-lasting, but they may be more expensive. Plastic bollards may be a more cost-effective option, but they may not be as durable.
- Size and height: Bollards come in a range of sizes and heights, and the right size for your needs will depend on the intended use and the space available.
- Reflectivity: If you want to increase visibility and safety at night, you may want to consider bollards with reflective tape or other reflective features.
- Weight: If you need to move the bollards frequently, you may want to choose lighter-weight options.
- Installation: Consider how the bollards will be installed, as this will affect their durability and stability. Bollards can be set in concrete, bolted to the ground, or mounted on a base.
- Functionality: Think about the specific purpose of the bollards and choose options that will meet your needs. For example, if you need to create a barrier to protect a building, you may want bollards that are taller or more sturdy than if you just need to mark off a parking space.
- Aesthetics: If you want the bollards to blend in with the surrounding environment or to serve as a decorative element, choose bollards that match your desired aesthetic.
How Are Parking Bollards Installed?
Parking bollards can be installed in a number of ways, including:
- Setting in concrete: One of the most common methods of installing parking bollards is by setting them in concrete. This involves digging a hole for the bollard, positioning it in the hole, and filling the hole with concrete. This method is generally used for permanent installations.
- Bolting to the ground: Some parking bollards can be installed by bolting them to the ground. This involves drilling holes into the ground and securing the bollard in place with bolts. This method is generally used for permanent installations and may be suitable for surfaces such as asphalt or concrete.
- Mounting on a base: Some parking bollards can be mounted on a base, which can be placed on top of the ground. This method is generally used for temporary or movable installations and may be suitable for surfaces such as grass or gravel.
- Other methods: Other installation methods for parking bollards may include using anchor plates, embedding the bollards in the ground, or using other mounting hardware. The specific installation method will depend on the specific bollard and the intended use.
Are Parking Bollards Effective at Deterring Ram Raids?
Metal bollards that are set in concrete can be effective at deterring ram raids, as they are difficult to move or break and can withstand impact. However, it's important to note that bollards alone may not be sufficient to fully deter ram raids, and other security measures may also be necessary.
Ram raids are a type of crime in which a vehicle is used to forcefully enter a building or other structure, often with the intention of stealing goods or money. Bollards can be an effective deterrent against ram raids by physically blocking or obstructing the path of a vehicle attempting to gain access to a building. However, bollards may not be enough to fully prevent ram raids, especially if the vehicle is driven with enough force or if the bollards are not installed correctly.
Other security measures that may be necessary to fully deter ram raids include security cameras, alarms, fencing, and lighting. It's important to consider the specific security needs of your property and to implement a combination of measures to help protect against ram raids.
Can Parking Bollards Be Used Indoors?
Yes, parking bollards can be used indoors as well as outdoors. They can be used to create barriers or to designate specific areas in parking garages, warehouses, or other indoor spaces.
When using parking bollards indoors, it's important to consider the specific characteristics of the space and to choose bollards that are appropriate for the intended use. For example, if you need to create a barrier in a busy parking garage, you may want to choose bollards that are tall and sturdy enough to withstand accidental collisions. If you are using bollards to mark off a specific area, such as a loading zone, you may want to choose bollards that are shorter or more decorative in nature.
It's also important to consider the material of the bollards when using them indoors. Metal bollards may be more durable and long-lasting, but they may be too heavy or cumbersome for certain indoor spaces. Plastic bollards may be a more lightweight option, but they may not be as durable.
What Safety Considerations Should Be Taken Into Account When Using Parking Bollards?
There are several safety considerations to take into account when using parking bollards:
- Placement: It's important to place bollards in a location where they will not create a tripping hazard or obstruct the flow of pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
- Visibility: Bollards should be placed in a location where they are clearly visible to pedestrians and drivers. Reflective tape or other reflective features can be added to improve visibility at night or in low-light conditions.
- Stability: Bollards should be installed in a way that ensures they are stable and will not tip over or move easily. If bollards are mounted on a base, the base should be heavy enough to prevent the bollard from being knocked over.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is important to ensure that bollards are in good condition and functioning properly. This may include checking for damage or wear and tear, and replacing or repairing damaged bollards as necessary.
- Emergency access: It's important to ensure that bollards do not obstruct emergency access routes or the path of emergency vehicles.
- Signage: If bollards are being used to designate specific areas or to restrict access to certain areas, it's important to use clear and visible signage to inform pedestrians and drivers of the restrictions.
Are There Any UK or European Industry Standards or Regulations That Apply to Parking Bollards?
There are a number of UK and European industry standards and regulations that apply to parking bollards. These standards cover issues such as materials, dimensions, performance, and testing.
- In the UK, one relevant standard is BS EN 1176-3:2019, which covers the safety requirements for outdoor play equipment and surfacing. This standard includes requirements for the design, materials, and performance of bollards used in outdoor play areas.
- In Europe, the relevant standard is EN 1443:2003, which covers the safety requirements for playground equipment and surfacing. This standard includes requirements for the design, materials, and performance of bollards used in playgrounds.
It's important to note that these standards may not apply to all types of parking bollards, and other standards or regulations may be relevant depending on the intended use and location of the bollards. It's always a good idea to check with local authorities or industry organisations to determine the specific standards and regulations that apply to your project.